Thai massage and reflexology
From this year on, Enfrentearte in collaboration with our professional Ratchanee Sangsirikup, installed a space where we offer a fusion of the best treatments based upon oriental massages with a specific decoration made of recycled material and bamboo. This combination will make your stay in Ronda exceptionnal.Just make a reservation online before your arrival in Ronda, or at the check in at our hotel desk.
Additionally, and to complement the massage sessions, you hereafter find detailled information about the objectives and principal benefits related to these two disciplines.
Traditional Thai massage is an ancient healing system that associate broad and targeted acupressure, stimulation and manipulation of energy lines called sen, and assisted yoga postures. Treatment effects are enhanced when the patient is fully relaxed and breathing deeply. This traditional healing practice, called nuad or nuad boran in the Thai language, stands in sharp contrast to western massage therapies.
Traditional Thai massage rarely uses oils or lotions, and the recipient remains clothed during a treatment. There is constant body contact between the practitioner and client, but rather than rubbing on muscles, the body is compressed, pulled, stretched and rocked in order to clear energy blockages and relieve tension. The practitioner uses thumbs, palms, forearms, elbows, knees and feet to create a dance of movement on the body of the recipient.
In this process, joints are opened, muscles and tendons are stretched, internal organs are toned, and energy is balanced. The overall effect is one of deep relaxation, rejuvenation, and physical and mental well being. Nuad Boran (known in various forms as Thai massage, Thai Yoga Massage, and other terms) began to evolve in Thailand over 1,000 years ago. Based on healing principles similar to those of other Eastern healing arts, the Thai system focuses on circulation of vital energy in major pathways called sen. Energy lines are manipulated, and important pressure points along these pathways are stimulated to help break down blockages, stimulate energy flow and restore balance and harmony. The result of a full-body Thai treatment is often an exciting and powerful mind/body healing experience, bringing both the recipient and the practitioner to heightened states of physical and spiritual well-being.
For many, traditional Thai massage is also a spiritual discipline in that it incorporates the Buddhist practices of mindfulness (breath awareness) and loving kindness (focused compassion). These techniques, when shared by practitioner and client, help bring the treatment session to a focused and deep level.
- Relieve tension headaches
- Reduce types of back pain (typically subacute and chronic nonspecific back pain)
- Relieve muscle pain and spasticity as well as joint stiffness and pain
- Increase flexibility and range of motion
- Stimulate circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Boost energy
- Calm the nervous system
Etymologically, “Shiatsu” ( 指 圧 ) means “finger pressure”. Shiatsu is a therapy by manipulation, or massage therapy, originally from Japan, looking for harmony between body, mind and the emotions created by the contact, in order to improve health and vitality of the person receiving the massage.
It consists of working with the whole body at a comprehensive manner, by stretching, pressure at specific points, etc. By doing this, our internal energy channels are reset, seen that a spot where a discomfort is radiated, is not necessarly where to find the source of that discomfort. Very often a disease is originated by somatization of emotions and sometimes by deep internal contractures who reduce the muscles, that’s why due to this type of massage, a good method of preventive treatment, will stimulate the body’s immune system and the natural healing power of the human body. Also, global balance of the body and mind is stimulated.
- Relaxation and stress reduction: Shiatsu operates with the norms of acupuncture on the meridians of the body, in order to remove specific blockages. This will relax us and free us from overload of stress in our body, by manipulation of particular points and removal of negative energy.
- Pain reduction: Shiatsu massages can reduce pain at specific zones of the body, by applying the necessary pressure to improve the situation. In general it brings most benefit to people with back problems and people treated against cancer.
- Disease prevention: Shiatsu strengthens the immune system and enhances the blood stream and lymphatic system. It also fixes the energy flow in the body, which protects us from diseases and stimulates our mental health. These massages benefit our nervous system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, endocrine system, musculoskeletal system, reproductive system and gastrointestinal system.
- Benefits for the skin: A lot of massages make your skin look better, definitely those who stimulate the capillary blood circulation of the skin and sebaceous secretion, which makes the skin look softer and better moisturised. This will prevent wrinkles and skin sagging, and makes the skin look brighter and
Reflexology is a natural technique based upon the existance of reflex zones in different parts of our body, corresponding to the organs and glands of the body. Usually they say that the origin of this therapy comes from traditional Chinese medicine, considering that a human is a manifestation of energy
where each part is connected with the rest. In fact, acupunture can be called a type of reflexology. Also the Cherokee Indians considered feet as the most important for physical, mental and spriritual balance. They believed it was a holy ceremony, indicating our feet as the contact with the earth and the energy that flows through them, being the link between our mind and the universe.
During a session of reflexology, all these points are taking care of by pressure and systematic movements, generally with the fingers, who will provide a reflexive response in the appropriate bodies, to which they are intimitely related. All parts of the body, muscles and skin are linked and the sensitive information comes to our spinal cord, who will transfer the information to our brain. In case of an ailing organ, a nervous stimulation will be produced.
This stimulation is transmitted through the spinal cord, afterwarts it circulates throught the nerve fibers to finally get into the skin (reflex) producing nerve pain of the skin. Within this zone of tension, local circulation is disturbed, which may lead to toxin accumulation or form small crystals. Therefore, if you operate locally on the muscle or cutaneal zone, make dissappear this reflex reaction, you remove the vicious circle of energetic disorder.
- Can lift up the functioning of the body, improving lymphatic drainage and blood circulation.
- Detoxificates and cleans: Helps the process of elimination of residues and toxins. When the lymphatic system, urinary system or intestinal system is blocked due to accumulation of toxins or residues, energy in the body will stagnate. This can make you feel swollen, lethargic or even ill.
- Also, it stimulates the nerve pathways, and provokes relax, balance and harmony of the body, since tension and stress will reduce.
- It is an holistic therapy that takes care of the full body (holism), not only of symptoms and particular diseases.
- It is a very secure treatment, since no use of medicines or operations are required, in fact nothing that might cause an adverse effect or long recuperation.
- Therapies can be performed to people of all ages, children or elderly people.
you can follow us on our social networks or contact us +34 952 87 90 88 /email@example.com for more details or to check availability and make your reservation.
Or copy or click on the following link https://www.enfrentearte.com/en/shiatsu-reflexology/